Facebook Group Forum: https://www.facebook.com/groups/LECUAUnitedPatientsGroupNM/
Facebook Community Page: https://www.facebook.com/LECUA-United-Patients-Group-New-Mexico-
- The Group Defined: to provide the latest scientific and medical based research for medical cannabis for the: patients, prospective patients, community education & information, physicians / medical professionals, local & state organizations. The Corporation is organized exclusively for charitable, educational, and political purposes within the meaning of Section 501(c)(3) of the IRS Code, 1986, or the corresponding provision of any future federal law.
- For Whom:
- Prospective Patients/Caregivers to the Medical Cannabis Program, Current Patients/Caregivers in the MCP
- Cannabis Guild Members, Dispensary Management/ Employee’s
- Medical Cannabis Ancillary Business, & Medical Professionals.
- * General Membership inclusive, is ALWAYS offered for FREE, with additional professional, business and corporate membership levels available for charitable donations.
- Doing What:
- Promoting the LECUA Compassionate Medical Cannabis Program in the State of New Mexico through educational initiatives and through Local, State & Regional Lobbying.
- Provide a open online & public forum and website for Patients, Prospective Patients, Producers, Ancillary Business, and Medical Professionals.
- Provide information on obtaining and maintaining a New Mexico Medical Cannabis Program ID card for Patients, Caregivers, and a Personal Productions License.
- Provide Medical Cannabis Cultivation Information & Education.
- Provide Information & Education on approved medical providers.
- Provide Information & Education on State and Federal regulations on medical cannabis use, cultivation, and possession.
- Promote the safe use and access to medical cannabis in the State of New Mexico.
- Promote the decriminalization of cannabis in the State of New Mexico by providing education and information through scientific research and medical research to Local and State Legislators with an active hand in writing legislation.
- Working together to find common ground with the State Department of Health’s Medical Cannabis Advisory Board to ensure the scope of the Lynn & Erin Compassionate Use Act, 2007, is in the best interest and application for the patients.
- New Mexico has been providing Medical Cannabis to patients in the State since 1978; It’s time for New Mexico to return as the leader of medical cannabis in the Southwest, amongst the Top 3 Programs Nationally, and then Top 10 World Wide.
- How: Establishing A Scientific and Medical- Patient Health Focused Foundation
- Election of Board of Directors Officers: President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, (Immediate Past President - after 1 yr), At-Large (Patient Rep), At-Large(Caregiver Rep), & At-Large(Producer Rep). *Even Number of Seats thus tie votes go to membership floor to break tie.*
- Creation of Board of Directors Advisory Committee: 3 At-Large Members and eventually 2 Immediate BoD Officers (after 1 yr).
- Committees: (2-5 members per) Fundraising, Budget & Finance, Membership, Public Relations, Marketing & Communications, Awareness & Patient Outreach, Veteran’s Committee, and Medical & Scientific Research. ( BoD VP sits on PR Com., BoD Sec sits on Membership Com., and BoD Treas. sits on Budget Com. )
- Online Group Forum
- Attending and providing public comments at Local and State medical cannabis and cannabis events, meeting and hearings.
- Where: Group meetings to be held throughout the State of New Mexico, with a central satellite office in Albuquerque and branch offices to be created.
- Legal Structure: The Corporation is organized exclusively for charitable, educational, and political purposes within the meaning of Section 501(c)(3) of the IRS Code, 1986, or the corresponding provision of any future federal law. ( To Be Established Wednesday, April 20th 2016 )
- Statement of Nondiscrimination: Notwithstanding any provision of the above goals, future bylaws and code, the Corporation and its members shall not discriminate against any director, officer, employee, applicant, member, patient, or any participant on the basis of sex, race, color, ethnicity, marital status, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identification.
- LECUA United Patients Group Lineage: Working Closely with the best in the medical cannabis industry, United Patients Group (UPG). Be Informed. Be Well. Non-Profit 501(c)(3) Education and Information. www.UnitedPatientsGroup.com ,based in California, is an unparalleled resource and trusted leader in Medical Cannabis for physicians, patients and organizations. UPG acts as a virtual hand for patients, by helping them navigate through this ever-changing industry. Additionally, we offer online CME education courses and one-on-one consulting to physicians and medical institutions. CME courses include: Medical Cannabis and its applications in Fundamentals, pharmacology, Neurological Disorders, Oncology, Pain Management, Palliative Care, Psychiatry, Safety and more. Education is paramount in the potential for Medical Cannabis treatment. Therefore, UPG acts as a conduit between worldwide medical institutions and the medical cannabis industry. Recognizing the importance of promoting continuity, quality service and unification within our industry, we are dedicated to establishing and maintaining the highest level of Ethics. Mission is to educate the public and the medical field in Cannabis treatment.
- LECUA United Patients Group Goals :
- Offer online Medical Cannabis Institute CME education courses and one-on-one consulting to physicians and medical institutions. CME courses include: Medical Cannabis and its applications in Fundamentals, pharmacology, Neurological Disorders, Oncology, Pain Management, Palliative Care, Psychiatry, Safety and more.Education is paramount in the potential for Medical Cannabis treatment.
- Increasing the types of qualifying health conditions in the State’s Medical Cannabis Program to ensure safe access for one’s own health and well being.
- Removal of: 184.108.40.206 L Maximum Concentration of THC in Concentrates
- Removal of the 2015 change to PPL Application to be compliant with HIPPA and the intent of the LECUA
- Advise, Inform and Educate the Medical Cannabis Advisory Board.
- Proper decriminalization of cannabis in the State of New Mexico by providing education and information through scientific research and medical research to Local and State Legislators with an active hand in writing legislation.
- And more to come ( inclusive process - share your thoughts and goals ).
All rights reserved. LECUA United Patients Group 2016. Prepared by Jason Barker: Duke City Fitness & Wellness/HEMP-Duke City